• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Democratic Party is the Problem

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
278889346_3152355061747516_3482178606495368781_n.png

Tokaji

Knows how 2 have sex, in theory
Both the Democrat and Republican parties are the problem.

I've been reading about the Florida Education Bill or the "Don't say Gay Bill".

Which led to DeSantis leading the way to take away Disney's special corporate status for Disney because of their objections to the bill.

Both parties are doing a flip-flop on what I would assume are their core values to support the side of the issue they happen to fall on.

The Republicans are supporting taking away accommodations made to a corporation because the entity expressed political opinions. NY Post Article

In this Mother Jones article, they are claiming that Disney's Civil Rights were just violated. I don't fully understand that Citizens United decision, but this sounds like it is aligned with that.

The old saying, "Politics makes strange bedfellows" is true, but from the outside, this just appears that the two parties abandon their values for whatever the issue of the day they want to support. I'd be surprised if it isn't more nuanced than that and ardent Republicans and Democrats will argue their side exclusively. I see the same utter tosh from the Labour and Conservative parties and the are both to blame.

Tokaji

Knows how 2 have sex, in theory
Get back to me when Democrats stage an insurrection at the capitol.
I realize from reading your posts where you stand on Republican v. Democrat. I respect that. I'll refrain from engaging.

Last edited:

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
I was reading something yesterday (printed on real paper in 2006):
  • The fetishization of conflict has obscured the value of consensus.
That was 2006. How much worse it has gotten.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I realize from reading your posts where you stand on Republican v. Democrat. I respect that. I'll refrain from engaging.

Then you're really not interested in discussion. Dodging taking a side isn't the flex you think it is.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
There's no need to be shy. Despite the warning, the FO politics board has one of the most civil discussions on politics out there (No joke). If you make thoughtful & reasonably respectful posts, people will respond in kind. Kinda ironic that the mods are much busier monitoring the "non-political" forums on the site :)

gmase

There's no need to be shy. Despite the warning, the FO politics board has one of the most civil discussions on politics out there (No joke). If you make thoughtful & reasonably respectful posts, people will respond in kind. Kinda ironic that the mods are much busier monitoring the "non-political" forums on the site :)
Dino keeps us in line.

Concrete Cock

I Ate Your Baby
Dino keeps us in line.

I do enjoy tracking mud through the echo chamber. I will also say that it’s all in fun and I see everything as playful teasing. The majority here are Libs and I still consider them as board friends.

I would absolutely totally enjoy getting Lux super duper high. Good guy. Some people say Lux has issues. He ain’t got issues. He’s got subscriptions. Still a good guy even considering…

Last edited:

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
I don't like Disney, and think it's weird they were ever giving the special privileges they had in the first place. Corporations should just never be given rights like that. What DeSantis is doing is stupid, and is pretty much just political payback because Disney didn't fall in line with his political stupidity. In essence it's the right thing for very wrong reasons. Remember that Republicans are the ones that bitch about "cancel culture".

That is until one looks a little closer at it and realizes what really going to happen is that Disney is going to get massive tax break when the surrounding community is going to be forced to take on massive amounts of debts that Disney would of had to pay, so Disney isn't going to pay at all.

That means DeSantis and his administration either didn't think any of this through at all in an effort to be politically macho, or it was intentional from the beginning where he could appear to be tough but yet give another massive break to a very rich corporation.

It's things like that that make me think of just how screwed and corrupt this country is. I don't know if it can be fixed.

gmase

Dino and georges can not exist as mods in the same universe. That was written on a codec in some ancient language in olden times.
Conservatives are the most sane, so it is logical as well.

Johan

Indeed, the Democratic party is the problem...

Nancy Pelosi Is Trying to Save an Anti-Choice Democrat as Roe v. Wade Falls​

South Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar is one of the last remaining anti-choice Democrats in the House.

In a Texas Democratic primary between an anti-abortion Democra
t whose home and office were raided by the FBI and a young, progressive, pro-choice woman, top House Democrats—including Speaker Nancy Pelosi—are going with the former.
Even after it became clear this week that the Supreme Court is apparently planning to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Rep. Henry Cuellar, a longtime Democratic congressman from Texas’ 28th Congressional District, won a plurality of support in the March primary over Jessica Cisneros, a progressive 28-year-old immigration lawyer whom Cuellar narrowly defeated in 2020. They’ll face each other in a runoff election on May 24 to decide the Democratic nominee, which Democrats view as key to their slim chances of maintaining a House majority next year.

The conservative Cuellar is avowedly anti-choice, one of the few Democrats left in the House who fits that description. Last year, he was the only House Democrat to vote against the Women’s Health Protection Act, which would protect abortion access as a matter of federal law and was passed after Texas banned abortion after six weeks.
“It’s called conscience: I am a Catholic, and I do believe in right to life, and it’s just a conscience,” Cuellar told reporters in October. “Sometimes people vote because of [politics], they think just because [it’s a] Democratic or Republican issue, for me it’s just a matter of conscience.”

Cuellar has been endorsed by top House Democrats including Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, as well as the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, whose campaign arm funded attacks on Cisneros in 2020. Pelosi’s political action committee gave Cuellar $4,000 in December, according to FEC records,

Cisneros, on the other hand, is vehemently pro-choice, and has been endorsed by reproductive rights advocacy groups such as NARAL and EMILY’s List, as well as progressive politicians such as Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Cisneros slammed Cuellar after his vote last year.
“Once again, Henry Cuellar has refused to stand up for South Texans’ reproductive freedom and the constitutional right to abortion care,” Cisneros said in a statement to the Texas Tribune. “Even after our state’s Republican leaders just passed the country’s most extreme ban—ending almost all abortion access in Texas with no exceptions after 6 weeks—our Congressman refuses to defend us and our reproductive rights.”

Cuellar has also been plagued by questions about his integrity. In January, the FBI raided his home and office in connection with an investigation into ties between Azerbaijan and U.S. companies and groups. Records related to Cuellar and his wife were subpoenaed, ABC News reported in January, but his lawyer told Fox News last month that Cuellar is not the target of the investigation.
But even with the FBI raid and his almost total opposition to abortion rights, Cuellar is continuing to receive enthusiastic support from the House Democratic leadership. Clyburn, the third-ranking House Democrat, who wields major influence in national Democratic politics, is set to campaign for Cuellar in a get-out-the-vote event on Wednesday in San Antonio.

Reached for comment Tuesday, a Clyburn spokesperson told VICE News that Clyburn is “still planning to be with Rep. Cuellar tomorrow.”
Pelosi
, who campaigned for Cuellar in the final days of the 2020 primary, reaffirmed her support for the Texas congressman in March after Cisneros forced Cuellar to a runoff.
“I support my incumbents,” Pelosi said during a press conference in Austin on the anniversary of the Affordable Care Act’s passage. “I support every one of them, from right to left. That is what I do.” (Pelosi’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from VICE News on Tuesday.)

President Joe Biden echoed this sentiment in a statement on the leak.
"If the Court does overturn Roe, it will fall on our nation's elected officials at all levels of government to protect a woman's right to choose," said Biden, who supported a constitutional amendment overturning Roe v. Wade early in his career and repeatedly voted to ban federal funding for abortions before reversing his position as president.
“And it will fall on voters to elect pro-choice officials in November.”

Though the abortion bill Cuellar voted against ultimately passed the House, it failed to advance in the Senate in February because some Senate Democrats refused to break the filibuster. (In the leaked draft of his opinion, Justice Samuel Alito wrote that the court should “heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”)
But in the wake of the leak of the draft opinion, Democrats—despite holding both chambers of Congress and the presidency right now—are pitching their majorities as the only way to protect abortion access.
“It’s not about filibuster, size of the court, or what the Senate hasn’t passed. It’s about Republicans, not us,” Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, the chair of the House Democrats’ campaign arm, tweeted Tuesday. “We can save our freedoms. But, it’s November, stupid.”

President Joe Biden echoed this sentiment in a statement on the leak.
"If the Court does overturn Roe, it will fall on our nation's elected officials at all levels of government to protect a woman's right to choose," said Biden, who supported a constitutional amendment overturning Roe v. Wade early in his career and repeatedly voted to ban federal funding for abortions before reversing his position as president.
“And it will fall on voters to elect pro-choice officials in November.”
https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgm7xb/rep-henry-cuellar-abortion

D-rock

It's only true for me in so far as I'm starting to dislike humanity as a whole as we're becoming a failed species. We are acquiring the knowledge to destroy ourselves, yet we don't seem to be acquiring the wisdom and compassion to not do it. The humanity experiment that nature has done is not going so well.

But yeah, I want food, housing, healthcare, and a good education for even people I don't like, and I want society to take every reasonable step to achieve that so he can shove it. Isn't it weird the other side doesn't see it the same way. It's almost like it some other people that are the actual hateful ones. It's almost like there is massive projection going on.

As far as Elon goes my hope is someday his carcass is splattered across the landscape when a rocket he's in blows up. That's not because of hate. That's not because I will take pleasure in the death itself. It would be because I would know at least in some small way the world would genuinely be a better place without him in it. It's hardly me and other people's like me fault that's the case. If he could find some way of somehow taking Bezos with him all the better.